Toasted Shredded Coconut
Our shredded coconut is a great addition to cookies, muffins, granola, macaroons, and other baked treats. It's slightly larger than our macaroon shred, and is perfect if you're looking for a bit more crunch to your dishes. We ensure that the fruit is picked at its ripest, so that when you buy coconut shreds from us you experience flavor like none other. Shred coconut is also rich in a variety of body-loving nutrients. Every serving is packed with digestion-friendly fiber, heart-healthy fats, and minerals that promote all-around health.
Enjoy Dry Roasted Shredded Coconut in a Range of Recipes
We love the taste of roasted coconut in baked goods. You can make a good muffin into a great one by stirring in our coconut right before you pop the batter into the oven. But, have you ever considered adding coconut to other recipes, such as your regular dinner or lunch rotations? Try these ideas:
- Coconut Chicken: Instead of using breadcrumbs on baked chicken, substitute coconut
- Tropical Salad: Sprinkle shredded coconut, dried mango and pumpkin seeds on top of your favorite salad for a new twist
- Peanut Butter-Banana Wrap: Slather a banana with peanut butter, roll it in coconut and fold into a wrap
Health Benefits of Coconut
1. Mineral Rich: Dried shredded coconut is a good source of manganese, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorous and iron. The minerals are involved in energy production, red blood cell formation, healthy bone density, and hormone regulation.
2. Blood Sugar Control: Coconut shavings have a low glycemic index, which slows down the release of glucose into the bloodstream. This requires less insulin for glucose-utilization leading to reduced insulin spikes.
3. Weight Loss: The healthy saturated fats in shaved coconut are made up of medium-chain triglycerides, which have been shown to increase the rate of metabolism. The low gycemic index also lowers sweet cravings leading to lower calorie intake.
4. Digestive Health: Shredded coconut bulk is rich in fiber, with a 100-gram serving providing 24% of the recommended daily intake. Fiber promotes smooth movement of food in the gut to prevent constipation, supports growth of healthy bacteria in the colon, and promotes a feeling of fullness.
Buy Bulk Dry Roasted Shredded Coconut to Fill Your Baking Needs
Sincerely Nuts has become known as the best source to buy coconut shreds online courtesy of our irresistible freshness and customer service that ensures you're always 100% satisfied. When you shop with us, you get better pricing the more you buy, which means it pays to purchase in bulk. You can store our coconut in the refrigerator for up to six months. Place your order today — we offer free shipping when you spend more than $60!