Raw Hazelnuts Organic without Shell (Filberts)
These organic raw hazelnuts blend sweet, nutty flavor with a mouthwatering crunch, making for a treat to complement any occasion. Whether you decide to enjoy them out of the bag, baked in pastries, tossed in a salad or crushed into nut butter, you'll be blown away by the premium quality of this hazelnut raw treat. We ensure that only organic hazelnuts make the cut, giving you the confidence to buy raw shelled hazelnuts online with us and enjoy a crunch completely free of any chemicals or pesticides. And complementing this natural goodness is a wholesome array of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and heart-healthy fats that make these nuts a great snack to have on the go.
Enjoy the Nutritional Value of Organic Hazelnuts/Filberts (Raw, No Shell)
You can call them filberts or hazelnuts. Whatever their name, they taste delicious and deliver a dose of the healthy fat you need to keep your body happy. Each serving of hazelnuts includes several grams of monosaturated fat, which protects your body from heart disease. If you are at risk of developing cardiovascular disorders, then filberts may be the perfect nut for you to snack on.
How do you incorporate them into your diet? There are so many delicious ways to enjoy hazelnuts that you may have more of a problem narrowing down your options. We love eating hazelnuts with every meal! Here are just a few ways you can add hazelnuts to your diet without changing many of your daily eating habits:
- Breakfast: Add chopped raw hazelnuts to your hot oatmeal, cream of wheat or bran cereal. Their nutty flavor contrasts nicely with the grains. You can also add hazelnuts to a food processor to make a nut butter that's perfect for spreading on toast for a morning treat.
- Lunch: Chopped hazelnuts make a delicious addition to any wrap. They also pair nicely with fragrant cheeses or you can sprinkle them atop salads to cut the bitterness of the greens.
- Dinner: Drop ground hazelnuts into stews or soups. You can also use chopped hazelnuts as a garnish for just about any casserole or toss them into stir-fries.
Health Benefits of Hazelnuts
1. Heart Healthy: Organic shelled hazelnuts are rich in oleic and linoleic acid, which have been proven to promote a healthier cardiovascular system. According to the Nurses' Health Study, these monounsaturated fatty acids lower (LDL) bad cholesterol while maintaining HDL (good) cholesterol.
2. High Mineral Content: Every serving of hazelnuts raw shelled contains manganese, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and zinc. These minerals are involved in bone development, red blood cell production, regulation of blood pressure and blood sugar control. Raw filberts also contain vitamin E, C and B.
3. Rich in Folate: Hazelnuts shelled have the highest serving of folate among all tree nuts, with 28% of the recommended dietary intake in 100 grams of the nuts. This nutrient is crucial for fetal development during pregnancy and may reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. Digestive Health: With 9.7% of raw hazelnuts bulk being made of fiber, these nuts promote healthy movement of food in the digestive tract to prevent constipation, bloating and cramps. Fiber also supports growth of friendly bacteria in the colon.
Wondering where to buy organic raw hazelnuts in bulk? Get them from Sincerely Nuts! Whether you buy a hazelnuts raw bulk case or a 1-lb. bag, you'll experience total freshness courtesy of our superior packaging. Plus, when you spend more than $60, you receive free shipping right to your door.