Raw Almonds in the Shell
Raw Almonds in Shell
These raw almonds are left in their shell to perfectly preserve all the healthy goodness. They are packed with minerals such as magnesium and copper, and are known as one of the leading food sources of vitamin E. You can eat them right out of the bag, or buy raw almonds in bulk to crush them into nut butter.
Why Should You Buy Raw Almonds in Shell?
Buying nuts in the shell offers a fun way to eat your food. Life is always moving — don't you wish you had some time to sit down and relax? When you purchase our almonds in shells, you give yourself the chance to clear your mind as you open each of these tasty morsels. You can't dig in until you grab your nutcracker and go to work.
Sometimes, getting those few moments to stop and breathe is indeed a blessing. In fact, cracking nuts can even feel therapeutic. Another benefit to shelling your almonds is that you know how fresh they are. When you break open the nut yourself, you get it right from the source. While raw shelled almonds certainly taste just as delicious, doing the work with your own two hands also tastes pretty sweet.
Make Nut Butter With Our Raw Almonds in Shell
You have plenty of time to let your mind wander while you shell your almonds. One thing you may think about is what to do with all these almonds! Adding them to baked goods and sprinkling them on top of yogurt are two excellent options. You might also consider making your own nut butter. If you have never done this before, you can rest assured it's an easy and straightforward process. Here's what you need to do:
- Shell your almonds. You will want at least one cup — and perhaps two if you love almond butter that much.
- Put the raw shelled almonds in a food processor or blender. Add a dash of salt, then turn on.
- Let the machine go for a few minutes. It will take some time for the almonds to come together into a buttery mix. You may need to add a small bit of oil to get it to stick together.
- When you have the right consistency, remove the almond butter from the blender or food processor and store it in a sturdy container.
- Add your mix-ins, such as maple syrup, cinnamon or raisins.
- The nut butter will keep on the counter for up to a week. To preserve it for longer, put it in the refrigerator.
Nut butter has so many useful purposes. You can slather your toast with it in the morning or prepare healthy granola bars made with almond butter. You can even make a delicious vegan substitute for mac 'n cheese, using the almond mixture in place of the usual cheese.
Health Benefits of Almonds
1. Rich in Minerals: The almonds raw nature keeps the healthy serving of manganese, magnesium, phosphorous and copper intact. Manganese and copper ensure proper energy production by disarming free radicals that interfere with energy pathways in the body, while magnesium helps to reduce the risk of hypertension and regulate blood sugar.
2. Lower Cholesterol: The monounsaturated fats in almonds have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. They do this by lowering the level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), the cholesterol responsible for causing heart problems, while maintaining healthy levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) that is beneficial to the body.
3. Filled with Antioxidants: Unshelled almonds contain high levels of polyphenol antioxidants that prevent harmful oxidation of cells in the body. The nuts also contain 40% of the recommended dietary intake of vitamin E, which also works as an antioxidant, preventing conditions such as atherosclerosis by halting oxidation of LDL.
4. Digestive Health: The rich fiber content, which makes up 12.5% of almonds raw bulk, promotes a healthy digestive system by improving bowel movement and nourishing beneficial bacteria in the colon. The fiber is also instrumental in weight management through creating a feeling of fullness, which reduces the chances of over-eating during meals.
Purchase Raw Almonds in Shell From Sincerely Nuts
We only pick the finest whole raw almonds the USA has to offer, making Sincerely Nuts the best place to buy raw almonds online if you're looking for unique quality and freshness! You can stock up on our tasty almonds in shell, too. Buy in bulk to get the best price and ensure you never run out of your favorite snack food. You'll also receive free shipping when you place an order of more than $60 with us. Place your order today to get your almonds as soon as possible!