Hazelnuts Raw in Shell (Filberts)
Our shelled hazelnuts combine appetizing taste and nutritious goodness for a snack you'll simply love. With every scrumptious crunch, you're lavished with a healthy fix of minerals, vitamins, fiber, and heart-healthy fats. In shell hazelnuts are actually the best source of folate among all tree nuts, working to promote cognitive and heart health. These nuts are an absolute treat for food lovers, with their ability to whip up uncountable delicious dishes. You can bake them into muffins and cookies, toss them in salads, mix them into your morning oatmeal, or even crush them into sweet hazelnut butter for your morning bagel.
Why Buy Raw Hazelnuts in Shell From Sincerely Nuts?
We have a fantastic selection of good-for-you snacks that will appeal to every member of your family. When you purchase our nuts, you get the sort of nutritional powerhouse you want to incorporate into your diet every day. The good news is, it's very easy to do so!
The first step to doing that is to put aside some time to remove the shells on these raw shelled hazelnuts. This can be a fun family activity if you have enough nutcrackers. By purchasing them in the shell, you know you are getting the highest quality of nut, fresh from the shell.
How should you eat our hazelnuts? Everyone has their own preference. Some people like to turn it into nut butter by blending it on high in a food processor, adding a small amount of oil to make it smoother. You can even spice up your hazelnut butter with additions such as cocoa powder, cinnamon, raisins and ginger. Other options for eating hazelnuts include:
- Trail mix: Find other favorite snacks, such as dried mangoes, white chocolate chips and pretzels, and combine them for a trail mix you can bring to the office or put out for the kids for an after-school treat.
- Yogurt parfaits: Parfaits make an excellent breakfast or snack. Layer fruit-flavored yogurt with dried coconut, chopped hazelnuts and fruit. Having the parfait for dessert? Add one layer of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Stir-fry: Hazelnuts make a scrumptious base for stir-frys of any type. You can add them to meat-based frys when you add the veggies. They won't break down when cooked. Rather, their flavor will take on a smokier taste.
Health Benefits of Hazelnuts
1. High in Minerals: A 100-gram serving of hazelnut with shell contains a recommended dietary intake of 268% manganese, 192% copper, 59% iron, 41% magnesium and 41% phosphorous. The nuts also provide good amounts of zinc, calcium and potassium.
2. Vitamin E: Raw filberts contain about 15 grams of vitamin E in a 100-gram serving, which translates to 100% of the RDI. This crucial lipid-soluble antioxidant promotes healthy skin and prevents the oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol, reducing the chances of clogged arteries.
3. Lower Cholesterol: According to the Physicians' Health Study, monounsaturated fatty acids found in the nuts can promote better heart health. They do this by lowering LDL while maintaining healthy levels of HDL (good) cholesterol.
4. Contains Flavonoids: Hazelnuts are rich in phytochemicals, with one of the highest servings of proanthocyanidin. These nutrients reduce the risk of blood clots and urinary tract infections.
Buy Bulk Raw Hazelnuts Online
With our blend of premium quality, unrivaled freshness and friendly customer service, you never have to look elsewhere to buy raw hazelnuts in shell online. We also take great care during packaging, allowing you to grab hazelnuts in shell bulk case and experience uncompromised taste and texture. Plus, when you buy in bulk from us, you receive a lower price per pound the bigger the bag you purchase. Contact us today to place your order, and get free shipping if you spend more than $60.