Natural Macadamia Flour
Macadamia nuts originated in Australia, but they didn't achieve worldwide fame until farmers began planting these trees in Hawaii. Now this exotic nut is associated with the Pacific island and is seen by many as the richest, most indulgent nut in the world. Its delicious flavor balances well with white chocolate, lemon or toffee. Whenever you eat macadamia nuts, you know you will feel full and satisfied thanks to their high fiber content.
Our flour made from macadamias is just as tasty and indulgent as the nuts themselves. Nut flours have become popular over recent years thanks to the rise in celiac and gluten sensitivity diagnoses. These people cannot tolerate the gluten in traditional wheat-based flour, and so they need an alternative for their baking needs. Nut flour offers a gluten-free baking option, but its use isn't just limited to people on the gluten-free diet. Many enjoy nut flours for the smoky, rich taste they bring to baked goods.
What Can You Make With Natural Macadamia Flour?
If you have not baked with nut flour before, don't be intimidated. It is much the same as baking with a traditional wheat-based flour. You can substitute macadamia flour in just about any recipe. You will find your end product a little heavier, and the baked good will have a nuttier undertone. It makes outstanding cookies, cakes, breads and muffins.
How else can you use macadamia flour? Here are a few ideas:
- In granola bars or energy bars — it's perfect for enjoying before or after school when your child needs a natural pick-me-up
- To thicken soups and give chowders more body
- As the basis for an out-of-this-world pizza crust
- To give your morning oatmeal a little kick
Experiment with macadamia flour in different recipes and everyday favorites to find the flavor combinations that most appeal to you.
Health Benefits of Macadamia Nuts
1. Lowers Cholesterol: A famous study found that people who incorporate macadamia nuts into their diet have lower levels of cholesterol than those who follow a typical American diet without macadamia nuts. In fact, the macadamia group rivaled the cholesterol levels for those eating a low-fat diet.
2. Provides Vitamin A: Macadamia nuts boast high levels of vitamin A, which supports your immune system, lowers the risk of developing cancer and inhibits the formation of acne.
3. Contains Flavonoids: Flavonoids are the compounds found in red wine that remove toxins from your body and help repair damaged cells. They also protect the body against cancer.
4. Reduces Fat: Does it sound too good to be true to say that a type of fatty acid found in macadamia nuts speeds up metabolism and fights fat in your body? It's actually true. This compound is called palmitoleic acid, and macadamia nuts are one of the few foods that contain it.
Buy Macadamia Flour From Sincerely Nuts
We sell high-quality, natural macadamia flour you can use in a wide range of baked goods and other recipes. Our storage bags keep your flour fresh, though we recommend freezing it if you do not plan to use it within a week or two of purchase.
When you freeze the macadamia flour, you can stock up on it and buy in bulk. Remember, the bigger the bag you purchase, the less you pay per pound. Contact us today to place your order, and get free shipping when you spend more than $60.