Highly regarded by the ancient Aztecs and Mayans as a super food, chia seeds give you an incredible fix of minerals, fiber, and antioxidants in just one serving, all while holding back on the calories. You can whip up a chia seed pudding, mix them into oatmeal, or use them as a topping on some delicious yogurt.
USING BLACK CHIA SEEDS
Chia seeds come from a plant that grows in the desert that’s in the same family as the mint plant. The seeds from it are a healthy ingredient to add to a number of different dishes and use in unique ways.
These seeds are very absorbent. When they absorb water or other liquids, they develop a gelatinous texture. Soak them in milk to make a pudding alternative or add them to other foods, like yogurt parfaits, smoothies and oatmeal. They’ll add a boost of protein to these foods and complement the other flavors very well.
You can even use chia seeds in savory dishes. Sprinkle some over your rice, add them to breading to coat meat or put them on your vegetables. Once you start cooking with this unique ingredient, you’re sure to find all kinds of other ways to use them. Buy black chia seeds in bulk to start using them soon!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
Chia seeds are small, but they are packed with all kinds of nutrients. Here are some of the potential health benefits of eating chia seeds:
- Mineral Rich:Chia seeds are one of the most nutrient dense foods in the world. In just one ounce, they contain a recommended dietary allowance of 18% calcium, 30% magnesium, 30% manganese, and 27% phosphorous. These minerals are particularly useful at promoting healthy bone formation.
- Omega 3:Gram for gram, chia seeds contain more omega-3s than salmon. In fact, 60% of their lipid profile is comprised of this healthy polyunsaturated fat, majority of it being ALA. A single serving of the fatty acid has been proven to reduce cholesterol, soothe inflammation, and enhance cognitive performance.
- High Fiber:With 40% of chia seeds bulk being fiber, it is one of the best sources of this nutrient in the world. Just two tablespoons of the super food are loaded with 11 grams of it. Fiber helps to promote proper bowel function, lower cholesterol, reduce inflammation, and increase satiety.
- Low Calories:One ounce contains a staggeringly-low 137 calories. What's even more amazing is the digestible carbohydrate content, with an ounce packing just 1g. Combined with the superior fiber content, the low serving of calories can effectively aid weight loss.
- Antioxidant Dense:The powerful antioxidants halt the production of harmful free radicals in the body, known for causing cellular damage. They also prevent the seeds from going rancid, allowing you to buy chia seeds in bulk and keep them without refrigeration for up to 2 years.
We've sourced the finest seeds and perfectly packed them to ensure unmatched quality and freshness, making Sincerely Nuts your best source when looking to buy chia seeds online!
Black chia seeds.
FDA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
Approx. 16Servings Per Container
Serving size28g (~1 oz.)
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9g13%
Saturated Fat 1g4%
Total Carbohydrate 12g4%
Dietary Fiber 11g42%
Total Sugars 0g
0%Vitamin D 0mcg
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how mush a nutrient in a service of good contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin