Chia seeds come from South America and Mexico, where they have a fascinating history. The Mayans and Aztecs believed people could acquire supernatural powers when they ate chia seeds. In fact, the Aztecs so highly valued these small, black seeds, they made up a good portion of the culture’s diet thousands of years ago. They even used them in religious ceremonies.
Perhaps it’s little wonder ancient cultures found the chia seed so alluring. They pack a lot of nutritional power in a tiny package. Chia seeds provide loads of energy, as well as beneficial dietary fiber and nutrients. You can consume them in a wide range of dishes, and they have so much versatility, you could use them in almost any meal.
Highly regarded by the ancient Aztecs and Mayans as a super food, chia seeds give you an incredible fix of minerals, fiber, and antioxidants in just one serving, all while holding back on the calories. You can whip up a chia seed pudding, mix them into oatmeal, or use them as a topping on some delicious yogurt.
How to Eat Chia Seeds
Chia seeds can be used in a number of different ways to improve the flavor and add an interesting texture to a food. Here are just a few ideas:
- Stir into oatmeal
- Sprinkle on top of yogurt
- Add into pancake batter
- Make into a pudding
- Use as a one-to-one substitute for flaxseed
- Put in muffins
- Turn into jam
Chia seeds can even help you out of a culinary pinch. Did you run out of eggs and aren’t sure how to finish the recipe you already started? Add one part chia seeds to three parts water to get a makeshift egg, which has the same binding properties. Stir the mixture and let it sit for 15 minutes to firm up. Use in place of an egg in any recipe.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
1. Mineral Rich: Chia seeds are one of the most nutrient dense foods in the world. In just one ounce, they contain a recommended dietary allowance of 18% calcium, 30% magnesium, 30% manganese, and 27% phosphorous. These minerals are particularly useful at promoting healthy bone formation.
2. Omega 3: Gram for gram, chia seeds contain more omega-3s than salmon. In fact, 60% of their lipid profile is comprised of this healthy polyunsaturated fat, majority of it being ALA. A single serving of the fatty acid has been proven to reduce cholesterol, soothe inflammation, and enhance cognitive performance.
3. High Fiber: With 40% of chia seeds bulk being fiber, it is one of the best sources of this nutrient in the world. Just two tablespoons of the super food are loaded with 11 grams of it. Fiber helps to promote proper bowel function, lower cholesterol, reduce inflammation, and increase satiety.
4. Low Calories: One ounce contains a staggeringly-low 137 calories. What's even more amazing is the digestible carbohydrate content, with an ounce packing just 1g. Combined with the superior fiber content, the low serving of calories can effectively aid weight loss.
5. Antioxidant Dense: The powerful antioxidants halt the production of harmful free radicals in the body, known for causing cellular damage. They also prevent the seeds from going rancid, allowing you to buy chia seeds in bulk and keep them without refrigeration for up to 2 years.
We've sourced the finest seeds and perfectly packed them to ensure unmatched quality and freshness, making Sincerely Nuts your best source when looking to buy chia seeds online!
Buy Chia Seeds in Bulk for Health Benefits
Chia seeds may be one of the healthiest foods you can purchase. When you buy them, you get a gluten-free seed rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These help aid in reducing triglyceride levels, fighting dementia and guarding against depression. Chia seeds contain high levels of magnesium, and when you eat a serving of them, you lower inflammation levels and improve digestive health.
We offer black chia seeds and organic chia seeds you can order in bulk. Buy chia seeds online and see how your family enjoys the nutritious seed with so many unique uses.
IngredientsBlack chia seeds
FDA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
Approx. 16Servings Per Container
Serving size28g (~1 oz.)
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9g13%
Saturated Fat 1g4%
Total Carbohydrate 12g4%
Dietary Fiber 11g42%
Total Sugars 0g
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how mush a nutrient in a service of good contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin