Pancakes are the breakfast staple we all love and crave, but how can you eat them more frequently without packing on the pounds? We have you covered.
Adding in some regular pancakes here and there will not break your weight loss plans, but there is no harm in having it more often when it comes in a healthier variety.
This easy 5 ingredient pancake option is the perfect option for you and your family to enjoy more often for a breakfast that gives you energy, complex carbohydrates, and even your potassium intake.
Check out the quick recipe below to start loving your healthy breakfasts again.
Healthy Breakfast Options:
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Makes around 4-5 pancakes
- 1 ripe banana (Best with some brown spots)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water or coconut milk
- 1 cup almond flour
Optional Add ins:
- Flax or pumpkin seeds
- Chopped Dates
- In a blender, mix egg, rolled oats, banana, water, or coconut milk until smooth on low. Add in almond flour until combined.
- Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with oil and put on medium-low heat. Drop some of the batter, and let cook until bubbles start to appear, then flip your pancakes.
- Cook until golden brown at around 2 minutes.
Feel free to add blueberries during the cooking process, or you can even add chopped walnuts to the mix for an extra brain boost. Get creative with your pancakes and enjoy!