Pecan Halves and Pieces
Did you know the only nut native to North America is the pecan? Pecan trees originated in Mexico and later spread to the United States. Today, the bulk of the world's supply of pecans is produced here. You will find many types of raw pecans named for Native American tribes.
In addition to having a rich history, pecans have a decadent taste. Many people enjoy using them in baked goods, where they can nicely offset the sweetness of chocolate chips. People also use them as a topping for cinnamon buns and on top of cakes. Of course, Thanksgiving just would not be the same without a slice of pecan pie. And nothing can beat the delicious, natural taste of raw pecans.
Use Pecan Halves and Pieces in Your Recipes
In addition to baked goods, pecans make an excellent addition to other recipes. With their exceptional nutritional profile, these nuts may quickly become your go-to add-in when you need a nut. Here are a few of our favorite ways to use pecans for breakfast, lunch and dinner:
- Breakfast: Add a layer of pecans to a yogurt parfait, sprinkle crushed pecans into pancake batter or top cold breakfast cereals with pecans.
- Lunch: Put pecans on top of salads, toss a few in a stir-fry or use bread made with pecans for your sandwiches.
- Dinner: Add pecans to the top of fish as a garnish, crush pecans and sprinkle on chicken dredged in egg or add them to a stuffed peppers mixture.
The options for using pecan halves in your food are nearly limitless — use your imagination. They make natural mix-ins to any batter, and raw pecans contrast nicely with the natural sweetness of fruit. When you add our pecan pieces to your recipes, you also get a massive infusion of nutrients and minerals. Try to include them in as many dishes as possible to soak up the many health advantages.
Health Benefits of Pecans
1. Brimming With Antioxidants: Pecans are among the foods with the most antioxidants. These naturally occurring substances battle the free radicals in our bodies to protect against disease.
2. Rich in Vitamins: The antioxidants in pecans come from vitamins, and these nuts are chock full of them. They have high levels of vitamins E and B, as well as A.
3. High in Fiber: Just one serving of pecans can give you 10 percent of your daily recommended intake of fiber, which keeps your digestive tract moving and also cleans out your body of unhealthy substances in the intestine.
4. Promote Cardiovascular Health: The monounsaturated fat in pecans protects your body against heart disease. Fiber, too, plays a role in preventing problems that lead to ill heart health.
Buy Pecan Halves and Pieces Online From Sincerely Nuts
Are you eager to stock up on pecan pieces now that you know how good for you they are? You can buy pecan halves in bulk from Sincerely Nuts and save money. The more you buy, the lower the price per pound. Plus, we give you free shipping on orders of more than $60. Contact us today to place your order.
FDA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
% Daily Value*
Total Fat21g 33%
Saturated Fat2g 10%
Total Carbohydrate4g 1%
Dietary Fiber2g 7%
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how mush a nutrient in a service of good contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Country of Origin