MAKES 12 BARS
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes
INACTIVE TIME: 80 minutes
1 cup pitted Medjool dates
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F . Line a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Combine the dates, nut butter, apple juice, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, dried fruit, nuts, and seeds. Add the date mixture and stir until combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish and use a silicone spatula to flatten and smooth it.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden, then remove from the oven and let cool completely before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
5. Remove from the refrigerator and use the parchment paper to lift the granola out of the baking dish. Slice into 12 bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. The bars will keep for 7 to 10 days.
To make these bars nut-free, use a seed butter and replace the nuts with more sunflower and/or pepitas.