Blanched Slivered Almonds
Slivered blanched almonds serve as a great topping for yogurt, delicious addition in pastries, and a nutty complement to salads. This gluten-free treat contains healthy minerals, vitamins, fiber and a wholesome serving of vitamin E.
You can eat slivered almonds blanched by Sincerely Nuts at any meal. The convenience of having these almonds already slivered for you cuts down on meal prep time. For example, say you love having almonds on your morning oatmeal, but you are always running late in the morning. Having a supply of our slivered almonds can save you time since all you need to do is sprinkle the nuts on your oatmeal and dig in, no slicing or dicing required.
Prepare Almond Butter With Ease When You Buy Our Slivered Almonds
Slivered almonds also provide a convenient way to prepare almond butter. You don't have to crush our blanched nuts before you add them to the blender. Just pour a cup of them into your blender and start mixing. You may need to add a drizzle of olive oil to the blender as well if the nut butter gets clumpy. Some people also like to toss in a sprinkle of salt.
Blend for a minute or so, until the entire mixture becomes smooth. Spoon it out of the blender and into an airtight container, where you can store it for up to two weeks. How should you use your almond butter? A few ideas include:
- Spreading it on toast
- Adding it to homemade granola bar or muffin recipes
- Substituting it for peanut butter in any instance
- Stirring it into oatmeal or cream of wheat
Buy Slivered Almonds Blanched for Use in a Range of Recipes
Almonds have so many nutritional advantages, from being high in healthy fats and protein to containing a range of minerals and antioxidants that can protect you from serious diseases. If that sounds like something you want to enjoy day in and day out, then you can find ways to add almonds to many of your favorite recipes.
Breakfast is a particularly easy time of day to incorporate almonds. You can add slivered almonds to your pancake or waffle batter. Sprinkle almonds on top of cold cereal for a nutty addition to your morning corn flakes.
Lunchtime also offers lots of opportunities to use almonds. You can enjoy an almond butter and jelly sandwich instead of the traditional peanut butter. Add almonds as a delectable side to just about any lunch you serve. For instance, if you usually eat pasta and veggies for lunch at work, bring along a cup of slivered almonds, too.
Many families love making stir-fry for dinner. It's such a versatile choice because you can sub in whatever vegetables and protein sources you have on hand, such as broccoli and beef one night, and peas and pork the next. Experiment with adding slivered almonds to your dishes as well. You will get an extra boost of flavor in addition to enjoying those spectacular health advantages. Plus, they make an easy add-in at the end of your cooking.
Health Benefits of Almonds
1. High Mineral Content: Blanched almond slivers contain a daily recommended intake of 49% biotin that helps the body metabolize fats and carbohydrates, 27% manganese & 26% copper that disarm free radicals that hamper with energy production, 16% phosphorous that aids in proper bone formation, and 15% magnesium that regulates blood pressure.
2. Rich in Antioxidants: A quarter cup serving of almonds contains 40% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin E. This powerful antioxidant prevents oxidation of LDL, the cholesterol that causes heart disease, preventing the clogging of arteries. In addition to the antioxidant benefits of vitamin E, almonds are also rich in monounsaturated fats that have been proven to lower the levels of LDL.
3. Control Blood Sugar: With a nutritional profile that consists of low carbohydrates and high fiber, almonds can help lower blood sugar when incorporated into the diet. Only 2.5g of carbohydrates present in the nuts are digestible, preventing sugar spikes in the body. The presence of magnesium is also essential in regulating blood sugar, with the mineral used widely to manage conditions such as metabolic syndrome and type II diabetes.
4. Weight Management: 12.5% of slivered almonds bulk is made up of fiber. This fiber content combined with the high levels of protein suppresses feelings of hunger, leading to lower caloric intake during meals.
Buy Slivered Almonds From Sincerely Nuts
We make it convenient to buy slivered almonds in bulk with our perfectly sealed ziplock bags, which keep in all the freshness for up to 6 months under refrigeration. A combination of mouthwatering flavor and tantalizing texture make Sincerely Nuts your best source to buy slivered almonds online! Remember, you can save money by placing an order of more than $60, which will earn you free shipping. Contact us today to buy our blanched almonds.